Production Assistant/Specialist – Arbor Enterprises
This is a FT year-round position at our facility in Pittsboro. This position calls for a highly motivated and organized individual who will lead the production efforts in ground care, installation and landscaping. Arbor is a smoke free, drug free environment.
Reports to: President of Arbor Enterprises
- Assist General Manager and the Supervisors in making sure the day-to-day field work meets the customers’ needs and satisfaction.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff.
- Make necessary production decisions with emphasis on Quality, Efficiency, & Integrity.
- Current driver’s license with clean background. We will do a criminal background check.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent listening and problem – solving skills
- Personal appearance and grooming to meet client expectations
- Excellent knowledge in plant and tree identification, and vendor contacts
- Develops and maintains crew member relationships to ensure a positive and productive work environment as measured by crew member retention
- Organize invoices and help with monthly hand off to administration
Salary & Benefits:
- 45 – 55K Annually
- Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance offered, 50% of cost. Averages $150.00 per month
- IRA through Baird Wealth Mgt
- After 90-day probation, Holiday (7 days), and 4 days July 4th week and Christmas week provided
- After one year, one-week paid vacation
- $25.00 per month phone allotment
- Office in shop
- Arbor truck use during work day. Possibility for Arbor truck use to and from work
- Direct deposit, biweekly pay
Purpose and Description:
Position is responsible for managing all field operations within the division. Coordinates the procurement and scheduled use of resources, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards. Promotes the growth and development of filed staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed. Coordinates use of resources and lends support to operational activities for the entire company
- Maintains proper inventory of materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete production activities.
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed within purchasing limits.
- Obtain utility locates on needed properties prior to beginning work. Update as needed. Print and evaluate prior to job start.
- Maintain day-to-day working knowledge of all contracts in progress.
- Stay aware of Best Practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
- To proactively identify potential problems within production and find resolution to minimize damage/risk or possibly create unforeseen opportunity for gain.
- Ensure all field reporting and records are completed accurately, and flow effectively between field and office.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Revenue growth
- Employee retention
- Retention of contracts and customers
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture/Turf Management and / or 5-10 years directly relevant experience
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience in business management, including basic accounting skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Current driver’s license
Extraordinary Work Conditions:
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime
- General office equipment
- Machinery such as mowers, tractors, and trucks
- Other equipment as needed
- Bobcat or ability to learn
- Truck and trailer driving
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate inventories of mulch
- Maintain appropriate inventories of topsoil
- Maintain appropriate inventories of gravel, block and all supplies
- Make sure crews have all equipment and supplies needed for daily work including any special-order inventory needed for odd work orders to be completed
- Influence positive attitude of staff through effective use of management and interpersonal skills
- Use of LMN on smart phone
- Monitor facilities lots, trailers for cleanliness and organization including trash and debris
Typical Day for Arbor Production Manager:
- Arrive at shop by 7 am
- Pull pre-tagged plants out for crews per job specs
- Help crews load needed material
- Tidy up shop and close, lock doors before you set out
- Look at work for next day (all material needs to be procured 3 days prior to day needed, after of course you may need to deliver supplies such as mulch, soil, pipe to a job site
- Contact suppliers and locate plant material, or other material
- Contact ULOCO
- Send out emails asking clients if they have any concerns over their finished project – were they happy with Arbor’s work? Send thank you email with Google request
- Evaluate shop needs – trip to Lowes and County Farm & Home to pick up supplies
- Meet truck at shop for delivery
- Turn in receipts and log
- Log in LMN time for deliveries
- Trip to Market Imports to pick up pots
- Order salt for snow plow
- Check pine straw trailer
- Pick up mower from Pittsboro Shop
- Make sure tomorrows work is ready to go
- Set alarm and lock up, lock employee lot chain
- Check employee lot on your way out
There are some days you may be asked to fertilize a client’s yard, blow a driveway, seal a patio or spray Roundup in prep for an install job. You will rarely be asked to work on a crew.